Founded in 2009 by serial entrepreneur Amr Salahieh, Shifamed LLC is a privately held medical technology incubator focused on the development of novel medical products to address clinical needs in the rapidly evolving fields of cardiology and ophthalmology.
As Shifamed’s portfolio of companies continues to expand, we are looking for creative medical device engineering and manufacturing talent interested in working in a fast paced and innovative environment.
We are currently looking for a hands-on R&D Machinist responsible for the fabrication of tools, fixtures, and components as well as assisting in fixture design by suggesting alternatives, building prototypes, models, etc.
Including but not limited to:
- Read and interpret drawings, specifications, materials and machining parameters to determine methods and sequences of operations to fabricate parts; determines and interprets geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Set up, adjust and operate all machine tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Program CNC mills and lathes; set tool offsets, compensation; calculating requirements, including math, geometry and trigonometry.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, and stops; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Maintain specifications by taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting problems; arranging repairs and maintaining schedules.
- Build fixtures, tooling and or equipment prototypes from detailed specifications, schematics, diagrams or verbal or written descriptions. Provide status reports, testing data, etc.
- Prepare documentation in accordance with Quality System requirements.
- Perform testing, inspection and troubleshooting prototypes, equipment and or fixtures in accordance with Engineering and Quality System requirements.
- Support the Quality System and Quality Policy. Be aware of Quality System procedures and requirements, including regulatory requirements and training requirements for position activities. Inform responsible personnel of concerns involving product quality
- Perform job functions in an effective manner; adheres to safety procedures
Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- HS diploma and a minimum of 5 years of machining experience; medical device experience desired.
- Solid understanding of GMP and clean room procedures.
- Ability to use tools and measurement devices.
- Must be able to document activities clearly.
- CAD/CAM software experience required.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) required.
- Ability to work independently or in team setting required.
Please email your résumé and details to: email@example.com.