Sr. Electrical Engineer, Supira Medical
ABOUT SHIFAMED AND SUPIRA MEDICAL
Founded in 2009 by serial entrepreneur Amr Salahieh, Shifamed LLC is a privately held medical technology incubator focused on the development of novel medical products to address clinical needs in the rapidly evolving fields of cardiology and ophthalmology.
Supira Medical is an early stage Shifamed portfolio company developing a next-generation percutaneous ventricular assist device. This position represents an exciting opportunity to join the Supira team in its early stage and work with the team to develop the device for clinical use.
Senior Electrical Engineer, Supira Medical
The Senior Engineer will be a key member of the development team and needs to have a demonstrated ability to develop a device from early stage through clinical use. The person should be a creative thinker, problem-solver and a collaborative team player.
As a Senior Engineer on the Supira team, you will be the primary engineer for the electronic design of the Console in preparation for clinical trials and product commercialization. You will be responsible for the design, vendor relationships and testing per applicable standards.
Including but not limited to:
- Electronic design in compliance with applicable standards and product specifications.
- Electrical interfaces between catheter, cable, and software-driven console
- Develop and/or modify product specifications
- Schematic capture and PCB layout
- Design, or supervise the design, of circuit boards and connector & cable assemblies. Identify & evaluate suppliers. Support sourcing of components, assemblies, and subsystems
- Design and develop in-line test equipment for verification testing and manufacturing
- Prepare verification and validation protocols and associated work instructions and test methods
- Contribute as part of a cross-functional team to achieve project goals
- Interact with physicians, outside engineering experts, and other stakeholders to understand user needs and product design criteria
- Contribute to the intellectual property position of the company via technical brainstorming sessions, prototype reduction to practice, and invention disclosures
REQUIRED SKILLS & HAND-ON EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated proficiency in EME product design in a medical environment
- Proficiency in analog and digital electronics, including circuit design, layout, and debugging
- Understanding of electronics supplier capabilities, fabrication processes, and materials. Includes printed circuit boards & assemblies and cables & cable assemblies.
- Strong working knowledge of IEC 60601 compliance requirements
- Proficient in Altium Designer
- Experience working in a lab environment
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work independently or in project team setting
- Ability to travel
REQUIRED EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree or higher in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- 10+ years direct work experience in the medical device industry
Please email your résumé and details to: email@example.com.