Sr Electrical Systems Engineer, NuVera
NuVera Medical is a Shifamed Portfolio Company focused on the development of a novel imaging platform for use in a growing number of complex cardiovascular procedures. We are currently looking for a hands-on Senior Electrical Systems Engineer who is innovative in their creative thinking, proactive in their approach to problem solving, and a collaborative team player. This position represents an exciting opportunity to join the NuVera team as we hone and advance the product platform in preparation for commercialization.
As a Senior Engineer on the NuVera team, you will be a leading contributor to catheter design and manufacturability in preparation for regulatory submissions and product commercialization.
Including but not limited to:
- Proactively identify areas of design & process improvement to comply with recognized standards and product specifications, and to reduce manufacturing component and labor costs.
- Optimize electrical interfaces between sensor, catheter, cable, and software-driven console.
- Design, or supervise the design, of circuit boards, flex circuits, and connector & cable assemblies. Identify & evaluate suppliers. Support sourcing of components, assemblies, and subsystems.
- Specify and source critical process equipment; design and develop assembly and test fixtures to optimize reproducibility, throughput, and yields
- Develop and/or modify product specifications
- Prepare verification and validation protocols and associated work instructions and test methods.
- Contribute as part of a cross-functional team to achieve project goals.
- Mentor more junior engineers in best design and manufacturing processes.
- Interact with physicians, outside engineering experts, and other stakeholders to understand user needs and product design criteria.
- Contribute to the intellectual property position of the company via technical brainstorming sessions, prototype reduction to practice, and invention disclosures.
REQUIRED SKILLS & HAND-ON EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated proficiency in medical product design and test equipment.
- Proficiency in analog and digital electronics, including circuit design, layout, and debugging.
- Understanding of electronics supplier capabilities, fabrication processes, and materials. Includes printed circuit boards & assemblies, flex circuits, and cables & cable assemblies.
- Experience with fine wire conductor bonding, flex circuit ACF bonding, , and electrical connector design a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of IEC 60601 compliance requirements
- Knowledge of ultrasound transducer construction and function a plus.
- Proficient in CAD design, analysis, and documentation software; Altium Designer and Solidworks or AutoCADpreferred
- Experience working in a lab and cleanroom environment
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work independently or in project team setting
- Ability to travel
REQUIRED EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree or higher in Electrical, Electronic, or Biomedical Engineering. Other engineering degrees will be considered with strong work experience with electrical or electronic devices.
- 6+ years direct work experience in the medical device industry.
Please email your résumé and details to: firstname.lastname@example.org.