Last Updated: 2021-May 25
Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us.
We receive any information you provide to us through our website, including the below.
Communications. If you submit a request to be contacted through our Services, we will receive the information you provide in your request, such as your name, email address, phone number, and the contents of your message. If you subscribe to our newsletter or email marketing communications, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address.
Careers. If you apply for a job with us, we will collect the information in your online application, cover letter, CV, and other materials you provide as part of your application.
Forums and Social Media.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services.
Location Information. When you use our Services, we can infer your general location information, for example by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version and device identifiers.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the device and/or browser you are using, the pages or other content you view, and the dates and times of your visits.
Analytics. We may use analytics service providers to collect information regarding visitors to our Services, such as behavior on our Services or information about demographics, including:
- Google Analytics. For more information about Google Analytics, see https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Do-Not-Track. Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. At this time, we do not respond to nor honor Do-Not-Track signals from web browsers.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics providers, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize certain features of the Service to their fullest potential.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services:
- To communicate with you and provide you with updates relating to our company and Services;
- To allow you to register for events;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and research and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To generate de-identified, aggregate data that we may use to understand our User base or improve the Services;
- Other purposes you consent to at the time you provide information.
To protect you and our Services, or to comply with the law:
- To identify and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- To debug or identify and repair errors on the Services;
- To enforce our terms and policies;
- For audit or other compliance activities;
- For quality control;
- For compliance purposes or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
Automatic Collection Technologies. Our use of automatic collection technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, and local storage objects fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. Technologies that allow you to access our Services and use our features, and tools that help us identify irregular site behavior and prevent fraudulent activity or improve security.
- Performance Related. We may use technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytics practices to help us understand how individuals use our Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use technologies that allow us to offer enhanced functionality on the Services, such as keeping track of your specified preferences.
De-Identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information to create de-identified, aggregated information such as: information about demographics, de-identified location information, or information about devices used to access our Services.
How We Share the Information We Collect
Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliated companies.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services. Unless otherwise stated in this Policy, service providers may not use your information for any reason beyond what is necessary to assist us.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety or (d) enforce our Terms or policies.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
Your Rights and Choices
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals from browsers, and we do not respond to such signals.
Privacy Rights and Choices.
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to contact us or use some features on our Services. Depending on applicable law, you may also have privacy rights including:
- Access Data: You may have the right to receive a copy of data we have about you, including in a portable format.
- Request Correction of Data: You may request that we update information we have about you.
- Request Deletion of Data: You may request that we delete information we have about you.
- Request Restriction of or Object to Processing: You may have the right to opt in or opt out of certain uses of your data or to object to processing of your data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below. We will process your request in the time and manner required by law.
To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by asking you to verify your email address. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights. If you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a privacy request for you, please contact us as described below.
Data Retention. We store personal information for as long as you use our Services or as may be necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, provide our Services, resolve disputes or establish legal defenses, enforce our Terms or other agreements, engage in audits, protect our Services, prevent fraud, comply with the law, or for legitimate business purposes.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
590 Division Street
Campbell, CA 95008